Saturday, October 12, 2013

Angry Birds fly to Africa

Yesterday I visited the Waring School and spoke with the Core classes there.  I showed the map of where I'm going in Africa and some wonderful photos of the Kwa Watoto School where I'll be visiting. (Hofferphotography.com/2012/11/23/edukenya-and-the-kwa-watoto-school/)
The Waring students were interested and full of great questions. They gave me the USB thumb drives (see photo) to pack in my luggage.  These little gadgets are like digital candy.  I hope the Kenyan kids like them and can use them well. 
The Waring students wrote original folk tales which they put on the drives. It should be lots of fun to see the reactions.  I hope the Africans can tell me some stories to bring back.  I should brush up on my folk tales before I go so I can tell a story or two. It's been a while since I heard The Three Little Pigs!  Should I tell about Johnny Appleseed or Cinderella?


No comments:

Post a Comment