Friday, February 3, 2017

On the Road Again

Today I leave my home again.  This time I'm traveling with my sister instead of Peter.  We are attending a very special event.  Our brother is publicly defending his doctoral dissertation and receiving his degree.  We are headed to Amsterdam where he will pick us up, and from there we will head north to Groningen.  This will be a weekend full of family and celebration.  Time to write will be short, but there should be many photo opportunities.  This is the first time I am traveling with a new camera, so that is an exciting element of the trip for me.  The weather should include sun and rain.  Much of the itinerary is planned for us, but I'm sure we'll have a few moments to break out and find adventure.  Although my sister will stay for about 10 days, I am returning to work on Thursday, so this will be a rapid trip.  I will be in a Dutch hotel during the Super Bowl.  Should I be visited by the insomnia that sometimes accompanies jet lag, I will check  on the play by play.  I hope to wake on  Monday morning to the joy of a Patriots victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment