Friday, September 27, 2013

Making my list and waiting

I have a reservation in Nairobi at a guest home in the city. I think it will be a good place to stay.  I have contacted both of the schools I hope to visit but have no definite times yet.  I'm sure that the attacks have put many normal activities on hold. I am also sure that dealing with the emotional confusion of young children will be a challenge in every school.  I remember how difficult it was in school after 9/11. My visit is probably not high priority at the moment, even though the initial contact was warm and welcoming.

I have also made a list of places to visit.  I want to see the fossils of early man uncovered by the Leakeys in the Nairobi National Museum. And the Nairobi National Park is also essential. I expect I can find a market that sells African textiles.  The Sheldrick Trust Rhino Orphanage and the Giraffe Centre sound worth a visit as well.  I'm sure the week will fly by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment