Saturday, September 21, 2013

Terrorism and travel

It is a strange feeling to read about a terrorist attack on the Westgate Mall in Nairobi.  I had looked at that mall and decided that it was too upscale for my shopping when I am in Nairobi.  I am more interested in a market where I can bargain for African fabric.  I am definitely NOT interested in being a target of a terrorist attack.  I already knew that there was a State Department warning for the northeast part of the Kenya on the Somali border and decided to go ahead with the trip back in June.  I am not ready to cancel the trip, but I am approaching the experience with more trepidation.  The danger seems to be more than bad drivers, malaria and bacteria in the water.  Adventure involves facing your fears and finding ways to take smart risks.  I am still ready for adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment